Uncertainty

So I am 23 years old. And I honestly don't know who I am, what I like, what I don't... Till this point I let society tell me who I am and what I can and can't do. I mean that's super cliche. Right?

I have an idea of the things I want, the things I can and can't do and guess what. I have no clue how to even start pursuing them. 

I mean the disappointment that I was once called kinda stuck with me. So I prefer to just do everything I am told so that I am not a disappointment anymore. It's so suffocating. I can keep bubbling all day about this but I am here to just let you know your mental health matters.

Don't let society dictate your life. 58% of Gen Z is depressed ( I googled this). By the time we stand up for ourselves and speak up, we are considered disrespectful and unruly. We want to live, make our own mistakes and learn from them. 

What I am saying is we are not fighting you because it's a phase we want to be heard: understood and appreciated. 

Do something because you love it. If it doesn't work out that's okay. Try something else. But don't be a puppet-like me. Living in the shadows because it draining.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts