Rantings of a fat Woman

Will, I will ever be enough? A daily question I ask myself, sounds insane, doesn't it? There Will be days where I am confident but fear finds a way to weigh me down, someone with new creative ways to remind me that I will never be "beautiful," someone to remind me that if I need to be wanted I need to lose weight first and fast.

Behind the rolls and thighs with cellulite is a woman with a heart, a woman who has not asked for a man's opinion on what she needs to do to earn love, a woman who has broken away from the shackles of society's portrayal of fat women, a woman starving herself and working out in her room because she is too afraid of odd stares and rude comments from jogging,  a woman who feels better when she has to throw up after eating, a woman who has to remind people that "fat" is not a title that comes before her name.

She is simply a woman! A woman who deserves to be respected irrespective of her body size. I can't practice self-love without constantly being reminded that I am fat or my favourite word "grotesque." I am a prisoner in my mind and body because I believe each and everyone who says I am not enough.

I am constantly falling off track... No longer allowed the luxury to feel...

Comments

  1. Yes, you are enough! Yes, you are beautiful! And do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're enough, you're beautiful. Only pay attention to the signs your body gives you not what people say about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very beautifully written piece weighing in on the things plus size women go through… Such a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abeg Sister, you see in this world, people Go talk morning afternoon and evening. Therefore I beg u in the name of the lord be at peace be satisfied and love your self. U can't control peoples lips let them talk nawu abeg your beautifully and wonderfully made 🥰💝 your enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a powerful personal piece. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The word enough is in itself not enough to describe you.

    Beautiful is subjective and we may never be beautiful to many people. But to the people who matter, you are amazingly beautiful. Wouldn't trade you for anyone 👌

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are beautiful. No one else in the world is like you. God created you the way you are and He said you are perfect. There is only one you. No other

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts